Thursday, June 28, 2007

Best way to lose Weight

So, I've been learning so much about our bodies and what we need and how we absorb nutrients. So after studying this and talking to the my professor (who is also a doctor), the best way to start losing weight is to do moderate to intense longer duration workouts such as Brisk walking for 30 to 60 minutes each day, or swimming for the same amount of time (of course this is for people just starting). The reason for wanting to do longer periods of moderate cardio is because your body uses its fat to fuel your exercising. As your increase your exercise to say sprinting your body begins using carbohydrates as it's fuel and when you deplete your carbohydrates in your body you will start to fatigue. Therefore, when you do moderate/intense workouts your body's primary fuel is fat rather than carbohydrates and your body therefore burns fat which is the ultimate goal. As increase your endurance, you will be able to do longer workouts at higher intensity but still using fat rather than carbs as your body adjusts...

This stuff is just so fascinating and I keep learning all these wonderful tidbits. I wish that someone had told me or shown me this growing up because I missed out quite about on how to eat a balanced diet. I hope to share with you the things that I learn so that if you are in the same boat I am can also learn from it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know, it's just fascinating!

Lightning_ said...

Yeah I would have never thought how important moderate workouts would be one of the best way of losing weight