Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Future 5k's

Ever since I got back from Texas I've been a bit discouraged with going to the gym. I've gone of course to the gym since I got back, but I don't have that same drive as before I went to Texas. So I was talking with my friend, and I've got a couple of new goals to get me going again. I am planning on running 4 5k's before this year is up. Then the plan is for next year to start looking at running a 10k. My ultimate goal is in 2-3 years to participate in a triathlon. All the training and hard work that will go into accomplishing those goals will also get me to my weight loss goals, but I just really need a goal in mind because the tendency is to get unmotivated. So my first 5k will be July 22nd. As soon as I am done posting, I am going to register. I will keep you all posted :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, I am suffering from the same problem and was thinking of the same solution. I still work out, but I haven't been as motivated to keep up with the eating portion. I still eat healthy, but too much and have too many treats. I signed up today for power lifting competitions on the 21st of July and the 4th of August. I figured the same thing you did- being motivated to train for those things would help the weight loss happen as a byproduct, because if I want to train hard for those events I have to eat well to train hard. AND the competition on the 4th is based on lifting certain percentages of body weight. The lighter I am the less I have to lift!

Lightning_ said...

Cool! I will be running my 5k the day after you do your competition. I am very excited about the 5k now and now that I have my goals in mind it is just so much easier to accomplish them. Good luck!!