Saturday, August 04, 2007

Life Stresses

So I've been a bit overwhelmed with work and school over the past 2 weeks, and I haven't made it into the gym much which is very sad :( I've been going running with Chris on the weekends to at least get going on that since there is another 5k I want to run at the end of September. We are actually going today down to the miramar lake again and go running. It's a nice break from always running on the treadmill and the run is beautiful. So needless to say, I've stalled again on the whole weight loss thing, but I am not gaining or losing. My body's metabolism has caught up with my new weight and has equalized. I need to get back into the gym everyday like I was and shock my body again. But as I've been learning in class, it's not about the weight loss, but it needs to be about living healthy and the weight loss will come from making healthy life changes which is what I have been doing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel you. But don't worry- you're the tortoise here. Baby steps eventually get you there. And I'm jealous of your Mirimar excursions; I really miss that place. I used to ride my bike there with my mom when I was a kid. And you are soooo right about the healthy thing. I've been beating myself up over not being 10-ish pounds lighter and looking perfect in a bathing suit, but after my yearly physical I realized how overrated that really is. Apparently I had HDL and hemoglobin off the charts (they were impressed) and my blood pressure and heart rate were amazing. The nurse stared at me and said, "Um, are you a runner?" That is sooooo much cooler than obsessing over my weight any day. I mean, those are tangible lab results showing what I do has really affected my body. Woohoo!

Lightning_ said...

Awesome Rebecca! Congratulations on just being so healthy. I realize now that is what I need to focus on and not the weight loss. Of course, I want to lose the weight, but I want to be healthy even more. If I concentrate on exercise and healthy living, I know the weight will come off. I just have to keep focus on that, and with today's culture constantly telling us we should be like toothpicks, it's a hard emotional struggle as well as physical.