Sunday, July 22, 2007

5K Results

Well, I ran the first 1.5 miles no problem... I was actually doing quite well but then I felt terrible lol... I got through it in 37 minutes even which isn't very good, but I had to walk a bit after that 1.5/2 mile marker. So it was pretty bad, but I was thinking of the one I ran in December of last year, and I must have been going at snail speed because I didn't walk in that one and my time was close to today's where I walked a bit. So I guess I'm speeding up a little, but I just need to train more and not have weeks like I did last week. Oh well... another's coming up in September so more training...

3 comments:

Christopher Friesen said...

I am proud that you sign up and went through with it. The fact that you are making the choice to get involved in athletic activities is positive. Don't let today's run get you down. You can improve your training and do better next time.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree with this h.a.weaselton more. Just think about my second weight lifting contest...freaked out so much I missed TWO of my three lifts. Oops. Just following through with signing up is huge.

Anonymous said...

And speaking of following through...so last September I whipped all of my friends into a frenzy about signing up for this 10K. I got a sizable group to sign up and then I overslept and didn't go!!! I was on a **** list for a while. Oopsie!!