Sunday, July 08, 2007

Arm Workout

My friend put this amazing arm workout together for me that I did this past Friday. If you ever want to shake up your workout, this is a perfect one to do. I can curl 20's pretty good, and I'm actually starting to try the 25's, but by the end of this workout, I was failing with 5 pounds haha!
************************************************************************************
Bi’s

1st – Seated D-bell curls superset with, Concentration curls (3 sets…very heavy on the d-bell curls, 1x8,1x6,1x4 but on the concentration curls do 3x 12-20 reps

-----------------------

2nd – Standing Barbell Curls (power) superset with, Standing or seated Hammer curls (3 sets…very heavy on the barbell curls, 1x8, 1x6, 1x4 but on the Hammer curls do 3x 12-20 reps

-----------------------

3rd – Preacher Curls (power) superset with, 1 arm at a time d-bell preacher curls (3 sets…very heavy on the Preacher Curls, 1x8, 1x6, 1x4 but on the 1 arm d-bell preachers do 3x 12-20 reps

-----------------------

4th - grab a light barbell and do a set of 21's and that's it for bi's

************************************************************************************

Tri’s

1st – French Presses (Skull Crushers) superset with, Close grip bench press (3 sets…very heavy on the Crushers, 1x8, 1x6, 1x4 but on the close grip presses do 3x 12-20 reps

-----------------------

2nd - 1 arm seated d-bell extensions (heavy) superset with, either kickbacks or laying extensions d-bell... (3 sets.. very heavy with the seated extensions, 1x8, 1x6, 1x4 but on the kickbacks or... 2x 12-20 reps)

-----------------------

3rd - Cable pushdowns (heavy) superset with, 1 arm cable extensions... (3 sets very heavy with the cable pushdowns... 3x12-20 reps with the other)

-----------------------

4th – seated machine pushdowns (1 set…pyramid down stack) start at a heavy weight and do 4 reps and keep dropping weight while increasing your reps till you can’t do anymore!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Impressive! I did my superset bicep stuff today with only 10's.

Lightning_ said...

Thanks! When I did this workout, my friend was working out also, and I got him to spot me with the 40 pound barbell on the skull crushers... I like lifting heavy!

Anonymous said...

Lifting heavy, nice. I, however, am sore from the aforementioned Tinker Bell bicep workout yesterday.