Friday, December 29, 2006

5k!!

I ran the San Diego Baloon Parade 5k race yesterday! My time was 34 mins and 49 seconds which averages 11.1 minute miles. I was so excited because my goal was to make it under 35 minutes and I did! I have some pictures of the race that I need to get developed, and as soon as I do, I will post them on here :)

There were 1500+ people who ran yesterday in front of 100,000+ people on the sidelines. The run kicked off the baloon parade so we ran past all the spectators. It was a lot of fun. I think I'm going to run this one next year too :)

4 comments:

H. A. Weaselton said...

GREAT JOB! I am so proud of you, T. Watching you train to meet your goal has been inspiring. Keep up the good work.

Lightning_ said...

Thanks my dear :) I feel like I'm at the place where I am kind of stuck with my weight, but I just have to push through this sticking point and keep on going.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I'm so proud. I wish I had heard my phone those times you called to talk about it :( But I am so happy you made your goal. Now you have to choose your next race!

Lightning_ said...

I'm going to start looking at running a 5k every 2 months. My new goal is to win the San Diego Balloon Parade 5k this year!