Friday, May 18, 2007

Why I work out?

Well that question might be completely obvious to some, and a completely reasonable question to others. I wanted to write a little bit about the weight problem that's followed me almost my entire life. I remember distinctly being embarrassed of how I looked in 1st grade. I am now 25, and I have even more memories of people saying rude things to me for being overweight as a kid. Needless to say those are not fond memories, but I work out now to prove to myself that being overweight doesn't have to be permanent if I am willing to put in the hard work and get to where I want to go. I am going to hit my fitness goals and nobody can take that way from me except myself. I just want to encourage those who are or in a similar situation to myself where they've been this way their entire lives, but I just want to tell you that you can change if you become discipline and stick with it. You owe it to yourself to do it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are such an inspiration. Keep writing.

Lightning_ said...

Thanks Rebecca! I hope that I am able to encourage someone out there with this blog.