Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Meal Planning

Let me first go over what I ate today, and this is what I typically eat each day:

5:30 am - Jay Robb's Protein in a glass of Non-Fat Milk
8:00 am - Kellog's Blueberry Breakfast Bar
10:00-10:30 am - Turkey Sandwich on whole wheat with mustard
12:30 pm - Apple
2:00 pm - Banana (If I have grapes instead of a banana, I eat it about 9:30 am)
4:30 pm - Luna Protein Bar
6:30 pm - Jay Robb's Protein in a glass of Non-Fat Milk
7:30 pm - Small serving of spaghetti (or a small meal of whatever)
And I drink only water thoughout the day

The key in eating healthy, is to eat small meals and frequently throughout the day in order to keep your metabolism always working. By eating frequently, it keeps the urge from binging on food in the evening away because you never go through the day hungry. I used to not eat breakfast and I would maybe pack a sandwich for lunch, and by the time I got home I would be starving and eat way to much. It took me quite a long time to get used to the schedule I have listed above.

I am also an extremely picky eater, and therefore, if you are not like me, you can add things like veggies or non-fat yogurt also to your diet. I hope this has been helpful. Please let me know if you have any questions regarding anything I have written!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should learn to love yogurt? It's a cheap and convenient way to add a 99% digestable form of protein to your diet while adding important digestion enhancing bacteria and for us older people with heart burn a natural way to neutralize stomach acids...go yogurt!

Lightning_ said...

Is yogurt really that good for you? Even if it is, I probably still won't eat it because I don't like it and I am stubborn like that :)

Anonymous said...

Have you tried the Yoplait Lowfat Yogurt Mousse with Vitamins A & B, Its called Whips! Yourgurt is not my favorite "snack" but the Whips are really really light and delicious :)

Lightning_ said...

No, I've never heard of Whips. But I will take a look into that next time I am at the grocery store. I'm pretty picky when it comes to food, but that might be a good alternative for me. thanks!