Friday, September 08, 2006

Sickness...

I started not feeling well yesterday. The typical: sore throat and sniffles so I came home from work yesterday and went straight to bed which is why I did not post anything yesterday. I'm sorry! Well today, I am still getting over my cold so I did not go to the gym (so sad). If I feel better tomorrow, I plan on just doing a whole cardio day tomorrow, but if I am still not well, I will just skip it again:( I have to say the gym is quite addicting after awhile.

Anyway, since I was not able to make it to the gym, I stopped by Barnes and Noble this evening and picked up a fitness magazine. This one was incredibly helpful with tons of tips AND a 5k training program. The program is spaced out over a 6 week period so I plan to start this tomorrow if I am feeling better. I found the article in the "For Women, Fitness Rx" Dated August 2006. I will keep you posted on how I do getting through it and if it really helps.

Oh, and I have only 3 weeks left before my October 2nd to be down 11 more pounds. I have found that my current jeans that were tight on me when I bought a couple weeks ago, are getting to be pretty lose on me now. I keep having to buy new jeans every couple of months lol. Sometimes I still wonder if this is all worth the effort and discipline, but everytime I look at myself or try on a smaller pair of jeans it is such motivation when I think of how far I have come. And I just want to thank everyone who has been very supportive and helpful to me through all of this. I could not be on this course without you!

No comments: